Thursday, April 7, 2011

Happy Day on Woman Tours, Navasota to Cleveland, TX

75 miles, 2200' of elevation gain, 78 degrees
  Well, East Texas is growing on all of us for its forests, smooth roads and little rollers that are fun to fly down and pop up the other side. Horses, horses, horses for the first portion of the ride. Then we passed by Lake Conroy that is so large that I thought I had slept through three weeks like Rip Van  Winkle and woke up in St Augustine. No such luck but the ride through the Sam Houston National Forest where Lake Conroy is located was just a delight. Great roads many with wide shoulders added to the enjoyment of the day. The roads were so clean, I thought the Woman Tours staff were ahead of us running a street sweeper.
  The Woman Tours staff always know when I had a really great day when I'm not out cleaning my bike.When I have had a really tough day and need to go into my happy place, I am out cleaning and polishing my titanium Serotta. On really bad days, I wash and clean the tires and wheels as well as the rest of the bike. Was given the Martha Stewart award for bike maintenance.
   Tomorrow is our last full day of riding in Texas. We are all ready to start a new state but have found East Texas a pleasant surprise.

3 comments:

  1. So glad you are finding the "happy place" on the bike instead of while washing it. Your description sounds idyllic - smooth roads, perfect temps and nice people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe you are still in TX. Crossing at about the widest spot does mean it takes awhile to get across. Glad you like East Texas. It does have a beauty of its own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dogs are often a problem in East Texas. Did you experience any?

    ReplyDelete