Saturday, April 16, 2011

Easy rolling from Wiggins to Pascagoula., MS

70 miles, flat, beautiful sunny 77 degrees with a slight following wind.
  The thunderstorms came and went late yesterday afternoon and evening and we woke up to blue skies without a cloud in the sky. The beginning of the ride took us through a national forests which is good as NO DOGS on the prowl. This made for a relaxing ride and I decided to break off from my usual group and ride on my own enjoying the wonderful roads, scenery and weather. The terrain had these nice little rollers which is better than totally flat and with the following wind, you can usually bump up and over.
  As we got near Pascagoula, suburbs started to develop with pretty high end housing. This is also good for us as these residents do not let their dogs loose. Going over the high bridge over the river in the city gave us quite a view of the shipping industry which seems to carry a good size economy. I had never been to Mississippi before this trip and so far have been pleasantly surprised.
  I don't know when 70 miles became a short day but was in by 12:30 and looking forward to Linda cooking tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you had good weather - two days ago I had the A/C on, today I woke up to a wind chill of 32F and it was raining sideways.

    Your description sounds like a perfect biking day and I am more than amused at the idea of 70+ miles being a "short" day.

    ReplyDelete