Thursday, April 21, 2011

90 on 90, Crestview to Marianna, FL

94 miles, some rolling hills for 1500' of elevation gain, 100 degrees with a slight head wind.
  This was the last ride that we will be doing over 80 miles as the two rides in the 70's are now considered short days. I remember someone telling me last year that it snowed. Well that is not the case this year! The temp on my bike computer reached 101 degrees and someone who was already sagging says "That's the radiant heat off the highway." Well that didn't make it any cooler!
  We started out at 6:30 with some cloud cover that stayed with us all morning. That helped considerably. The ride itself was more of a point A to B staying on US 90 almost the entire ride. Fortunately, there was a wide shoulder in excellent condition. With that said all you had to think about was drinking lots of water constantly and I went through 350 ounces of water during the ride and didn't feel water logged.
  My tan will take 4 years to lose and looks like I went to a tatoo parlor. People actually pay money to go to a tannin salon to get what you can do while biking cross country. Probably costs about the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment