Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Pacific Coast Day 1, Bellingham

Well, I've arrived in Bellingham, WA for the beginning of the Woman Tours Pacific Coast Ride. I immediately found the best restaurant in town for dinner, D'ANNA  which makes all its own pasta, sausages and Spumoni. This morning walked into the downtown to go to Mt Bakery coffee shop. The place that the locals go to and had their famous Eggs Benedict. What can I say. I've had enough calories for at least three days of riding.
The bikes, husband and Holmes all made the travel well. The smoke in Montana and Washington was really bad but no smoke here on the coast. Bellingham is where the Alaska State Ferry starts its journey northward and the town reflects the many people who come through for the cruise season. Over 40,000 people with endless coffee houses and eateries.
The weather is amazingly good today as it was yesterday when I arrived. Hope it stays this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment