Friday, March 11, 2011

Birthday Best

70 miles, 1800' of elevation, 85 degrees.
The most perfect way to spend a birthday is to ride with fun people, great weather and then have a long time friend meet you at your hotel and take you out for a wonderful meal. Actually, the entire day was perfect as one of my riding friends treated my to lunch which we enjoyed in a restored Chevy convertable. The restaurant was voted as one of the top places in Phoenix and they definitely lived up to their reputation. It is these little local places that really highlight a trip.
The ride from Wickenburg to Phoenix was beautiful desert scenery but would say that in spots the shoulder could have been in better shape. Nevertheless, we made good time and arrived at the hotel by 1pm which was just as well to avoid the height of the afternoon heat. My friend Eric surprised me by arriving early and then treating us to bagpipe music which I thoroughly enjoyed. Life is Good. .

4 comments:

  1. Cheers Liz,
    A Belated Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Liz,
    I am still figuring out how to post on your blog. I hope you didn't run into all the dogs on the reservation as we did. I suggest you stop at the Buckhorn Restaurant tomorrow, before the tunnel. The motorcycle riders were very friendly when we stoppe for a shake. It is also the site of the "world's smallest museum".
    Cheers, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! How nice of your friends to make it so special. And what a special way to spend it - on this fantastic trip. What will you do next year to top this?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday, a couple days late! Gary and I are on the road, headed to Los Olivos for a month. Time to get away from bad snow and mud! Enjoy every minute.

    ReplyDelete