Thursday, October 4, 2012

WT Pacific Coast Riding Day 6, Cannon Beach to Pacific City

65 miles, 3600' of elevation gain, temp range of 45 to 75 degrees . Totally clear skies with light winds in the morning and howling winds out of the north in the afternoon.

   Yes we had an absolutely beautiful day of riding with views of the Oregon coastline which should be envied by everyone. I had just one little hiccup to my day when my rear shifting cable all but totally broke so I was riding a three speed bike on a heavy climbing day. Well it all worked out and totally enjoyed the scenery.
   We rode on the Oregon Pacific Coast Cycling route for most of the day which had endless pull outs so we could stop and see the scenery. As it turns out, we have also had indoor restrooms whenever I needed one.
   I had not realized that there was so many off shore rock formations until doing this ride.It really is a way of discovering America one mile at a time.
   There was no wifi at the hotel in Pacific City so had to wait an extra day to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment